Satellite Forms ActiveSync ActiveX control for PocketPC Now Available!
June 30, 2005
A new Satellite Forms ActiveSync ActiveX control is now available, to
provide programmatic control from your desktop application over the data
syncing process on PocketPC handhelds. It works very similar to the way
the SatForms Hotsync control does for PalmOS handhelds, giving you the
- send data from an MDB or DBF table on the PC to the CDB table on the PocketPC PDA
- get data from CDB tables on the PDA back into an MDB/DBF table on the PC
- send or get files back and forth between the PC and PocketPC PDA
- receive events when the ActiveSync process is started and finished
- delete files and launch apps on the PocketPC PDA from the PC
The SatForms ActiveSync control gives you much more control over the
sync process than using the Pocket Access conduit to sync CDB files, and
does not require manual conduit setup. A SatSyncPPC sample application
for Visual Basic is included. Registered SatForms V6 owners will receive
instructions via email for downloading this new component. This control will be
integrated into the standard Satellite Forms development package for the next release.
Trial version testers can request the control from our support department.